If you have the correct resources, planning a budget-trip to Bhutan is as easy as a pie. Don't believe me? Read this, and decide for yourself!
The category called ‘Bhutan’ on A Borrowed Backpack is designed to help you:
- decide if you should go to Bhutan.
- understand the role India and Bhutan play in each other’s lives.
- decide whether you should take a flight from India to Bhutan, or go overland.
- work out your budget for the trip.
- work out the duration of your trip.
- decide if it is a safe destination for your solo trips, especially for female travelers.
- understand the documents you will need and at what stage of the trip?
- decide if you want to go using public transport or self-drive.
- plan your entire itinerary.
- convince your friends to accompany you, in case you don’t want to go solo.
- experience unforgettable Karaoke nights in Thimphu.
- understand the relevance of phallic symbols in Bhutanese culture.
- understand important cultural do(s) and don’t(s).
- figure out your ‘what eat in Bhutan’ list in consultation with your dietician or medical expert, in case you have specific requirements.
- get a glimpse of the nightlife in Thimphu.
- plan the trip keeping in mind any health issues that you may have.
- fall in love with Bhutan even before you will have booked your tickets.
- get all the details you need for the Taktsang Monastery trek— the level of fitness, terrain, timings, hacks, and how to avoid booking the taxi for the whole day.
- go to the best places to see in Thimphu and Paro.
- Take home a bagful of happy memories from the land of thunder dragons, and tell your friends your Bhutan-story every chance you get.
If you are a curious cat looking for information on what to do in Bhutan, and how to experience the famous nightlife of Thimphu safely, you must read this post.
In this post, I shall be sharing: What to do in Paro, Bhutan? What is a good itinerary for Paro in Bhutan? Where to eat in Paro, and what are the good restaurants? Paro, BhutanMust …
One morning I found Kavya, my fellow-traveller in Thimphu, and our hostess Sania, discussing the famed Paro airport and the perils that surround it. Kavya was narrating her experience as she had flown to Bhutan, while …
Location: Tiger’s Nest trek (or Taktsang Valley Monastery, or Taktsang Hike, or Taktsang Monastery Trek) Paro, Bhutan. It is 10:30am. I am on my way to the Tiger’s Nest monastery and I have already committed …
A Guidebook for the solo Indian traveller to Bhutan